- Research Help
- Research Guides
A to Z List of Databases
- A complete list of databases available to JTCC students. Databases are also organized by subject.
A to Z List of Print Periodicals
- A complete list of the printed publications owned by JTCC libraries. Contains both peer-reviewed/scholarly and popular publications. List is also organized by subject.
Research at the JTCC Libraries
- General guide to using the JTCC library website and popluar resources
- Identifying various types of information sources
- Evaluating information sources
- General subject guide to assist students with topics and subjects covered in Biology 101 courses.
- Guide includes current events in Biology and learning resources to aid students.
Citation Styles and Formatting
- General guide to creating citations and formatting written documents in APA, MLA, and Chicago style.
English Second Language (ESL) Guide
- General guide to assist those learning English as a second language
- Subject guide to help students find films in the JTCC collections, understand film content, analyze films, and make their own films.
- Subject guide to assist students enrolled in the Funeral Services AAS program at John Tyler.
Graphic Novels at the Tyler Libraries
General guides for students and library guests to provide information on graphic novel, how to read them, various genres, publishers, and research and anlysis using graphic works.
- General guide that covers multiple areas of literature
- American Literature
- English Literature
- World Literature
- Guide includes databases, books, web resource, videos, and other information for Literature students.
Nursing and Healthcare Resources
- Guide for students in the nursing or healthcare professions.
- Databases, books, web resources, citation help, and other information for healthcare studies.
Nursing- Professional Nursing Concept (NSG 130)
- Course guide to assist students with resources and information related to professional nursing concepts and topics.
- Topics include: ethics, legal issues, professionalism, evidence based practice, teamwork, and care/advocacy.
- General guide to assist students with various aspects of photography.
- General guide for students and library guests to provide information on library computers, printers, WiFi, Microsoft Office, and more.
- General guide for students providing information on theatre history as well as play scripts, monologue books, and scene books.
- General guide developed by the Writing Center to assist student with:
- Essay Writing Basics
- Grammar Fundamentals
- Reading and Writing Skills
- Types of Writing Assignments
- Style Guides
- Writing in Different Fields
- Testing Resources
- Computer Basics
More research guides coming soon!