- Research Help
- Research Guides
The Virginia Community College System's libraries are currently experiencing difficulties with accessing library resources off-campus. If you are having difficulties or receiving error messages when authenticating with your myTyler username and password, please refer to the following Research Guide for alternative links to library resources:
Alternative Database Links for Off-Campus Access
A to Z List of Databases
- A complete list of databases available to JTCC students. Databases are also organized by subject.
A to Z List of Print Periodicals
- A complete list of the printed publications owned by JTCC libraries. Contains both peer-reviewed/scholarly and popular publications. List is also organized by subject.
Research at the JTCC Libraries
- General guide to using the JTCC library website and popluar resources
- Identifying various types of information sources
- Evaluating information sources
Citation Styles and Formatting
- General guide to creating citations and formatting written documents in APA, MLA, and Chicago style.
- General guide highlighting various types of essays, library resources for finding sources and information, and other tips for writing various essays.
- Includes argumentative essays, literature reviews, research or report essays, text or visual analyses, and annotated bibliographies.
Nursing and Healthcare Resources
- Guide for students in the nursing or healthcare professions.
- Databases, books, web resources, citation help, and other information for healthcare studies.
- General guide for students and library guests to provide information on library computers, printers, WiFi, Microsoft Office, and more.
Graphic Novels at the Tyler Libraries
- General guides for students and library guests to provide information on graphic novel, how to read them, various genres, publishers, and research and anlysis using graphic works.
- General guide for students providing information on theatre history as well as play scripts, monologue books, and scene books.
More research guides coming soon!