- Research Help
- Research Guides
A to Z List of Databases
- A complete list of databases available to JTCC students. Databases are also organized by subject.
Research at the JTCC Libraries
- General guide to using the JTCC library website and popluar resources
- Identifying various types of information sources
- Evaluating information sources
Resources Promoting Diversity and Equity
- Resources from the Tyler Libraries' collections and outside providers to promote and educate about diversity and equity.
New Books at the Tyler Libraries
- General guide to using JTCC library resources specifically geared towards argumentative/debate assignments
- General subject guide to assist students with topics and subjects covered in Biology 101 courses.
- Guide includes current events in Biology and learning resources to aid students.
- General guide created by Career Services staff to assist students and alumni with resources, internships, and employment opportunities.
Citation Styles and Formatting
- General guide to creating citations and formatting written documents in APA, MLA, and Chicago style.
- Information on creating annotated bibliographies using APA and MLA styles.
- General guide to provide faculty, staff, and students with an understanding of copyright law and fair use.
- Join the Tyler Library's Curiosity Crew to engage in robust conversations about all sorts of topics in all manners of media, from books to podcasts to internet videos.
Early Childhood and Teacher Education
- General resources from the Tyler Libraries to support the students within the child care and teacher education programs.
- General guide to using various search strategies to effectively use databases and online resources.
English Second Language (ESL) Guide
- General guide to assist those learning English as a second language
- Subject guide to help students find films in the JTCC collections, understand film content, analyze films, and make their own films.
- Subject guide to assist students enrolled in the Funeral Services AAS program at John Tyler.
Graphic Novels at the Tyler Libraries
General guides for students and library guests to provide information on graphic novel, how to read them, various genres, publishers, and research and anlysis using graphic works.
- Maker Space guide to assist students with the basics of knitting and resources to learn more!
- General guide that covers multiple areas of literature
- American Literature
- English Literature
- World Literature
- Guide includes databases, books, web resource, videos, and other information for Literature students.
- Maker Space guide for information and resources about Maker Spaces and specifics on the Tyler Libraries Maker Spaces.
Mindfulness and Meditation
- General guide for all users to find resources for mindfulness and meditation to reduce stress.
Nursing and Healthcare Resources
- Guide for students in the nursing or healthcare professions.
- Databases, books, web resources, citation help, and other information for healthcare studies.
Nursing- Professional Nursing Concept (NSG 130)
- Course guide to assist students with resources and information related to professional nursing concepts and topics.
- Topics include: ethics, legal issues, professionalism, evidence based practice, teamwork, and care/advocacy.
OER for Faculty and Staff
- Guide to assist faculty and staff incorporating open education resources (OER) into their courses or professional development.
- Degree guide focused on the programs and certificates that prepare students to immediately enter the workforce.
- Programs include HVAC, electrical and machine technology, mechanical engineering, and welding.
- General guide to assist students with various aspects of photography.
- Maker Space guide to help students understand Raspberry Pi technology.
- How to program and use Raspberry Pi mini-computers.
- General guide for students and library guests to provide information on library computers, printers, WiFi, Microsoft Office, and more.
- General guide for students providing information on theatre history as well as play scripts, monologue books, and scene books.
- General guide developed by the Writing Center to assist student with:
- Essay Writing Basics
- Grammar Fundamentals
- Reading and Writing Skills
- Types of Writing Assignments
- Style Guides
- Writing in Different Fields
- Testing Resources
- Computer Basics
More research guides coming soon!