See what’s new in the library
Both JTCC Libraries will introduce a new pay for printing system in the spring of 2014.
The new ePRINTit system features:
- Payment with a credit or debit card- no cash required!
- Printing from wireless devices and library computers.
- Credit of $1.00 applied to student accounts.
- Low-cost printing at .10/page for b&w and .50/page for color.
- More details coming soon!
Try our new search service QuickSearch. You can now find books, articles, videos, and more using one search.
The following lists of new resources the Library are arranged in Library of Congress classification order:
- 2013 January New Additions to the JTCC Libraries
- 2012 December New Additions to the JTCC Libraries
- 2012 November New Additions to the JTCC libraries
- 2012 New Additions to the Video and DVD Collection
Laptops available for checkout at both campus libraries. The Midlothian library is offering tablets for checkout as well.
- Current students
- Current library card
- INSIDE library-use only
- 4 hour checkout
- Student is responsible for entire cost of laptop if stolen or damaged. This may be over $1000.
- Files saved will be erased when laptop is shut down.
Questions? Contact the Midlothian Campus Library 804-594-1520 or ask at the iDesk. Contact the Chester Campus Library at 804-706-5195 or inquire at the Information Desk.
American History in Video: Streaming access to historic newsreels, archival footage, and substantive documentaries. Over 5,000 titles available; mobile friendly.
Films on Demand: Classic and informative films in the fields of business, medicine, humanities, career and technical studies, all streaming to your desktop or mobile device. 9,000 full-length videos and over 100,000 video clips.
- EBSCOHost app: Use EBSCOHost databases on your mobile device. Covers 30+ databases, including CINAHL and Academic Search Complete. Variety of devices supported. Instructions.
- EBSCO now provides eBooks. Help and FAQs available.
- Gale College Edition app: Use Gale databases on your mobile device. Includes Opposing Viepoints and Literature Resource Center. Free from iTunes and Android Market.
- Mobile versions of selected EBSCO databases, slimmed down for use on handheld devices.