See what’s new in the library
The following lists of new resources the Library are arranged in Library of Congress classification order:
- 2013 January New Additions to the JTCC Libraries
- 2012 December New Additions to the JTCC Libraries
- 2012 November New Additions to the JTCC libraries
- 2012 New Additions to the Video and DVD Collection
Laptops available for checkout at both campus libraries. The Midlothian library is offering tablet checkout as well.
- Current students
- Current library card
- INSIDE library-use only
- 4 hour checkout
- Student is responsible for entire cost of laptop if stolen or damaged. This may be over $1000.
- Files saved will be erased when laptop is shut down.
Questions? Contact the Midlothian Campus Library 804-594-1520 or ask at the iDesk. Contact the Chester Campus Library at 804-706-5195 or inquire at the Information Desk.
American History in Video: Streaming access to historic newsreels, archival footage, and substantive documentaries. Over 5,000 titles available; mobile friendly.
Films on Demand: Classic and informative films in the fields of business, medicine, humanities, career and technical studies, all streaming to your desktop or mobile device. 9,000 full-length videos and over 100,000 video clips.
- EBSCOHost app: Use EBSCOHost databases on your mobile device. Covers 30+ databases, including CINAHL and Academic Search Complete. Variety of devices supported. Instructions.
- EBSCO now provides eBooks. Help and FAQs available.
- Gale College Edition app: Use Gale databases on your mobile device. Includes Opposing Viepoints and Literature Resource Center. Free from iTunes and Android Market.
- Mobile versions of selected EBSCO databases, slimmed down for use on handheld devices.